Re: [nsp] RCMDDNSFAILED

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 16:03:10 EDT

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:35:16AM -0700, Brian wrote:
> Yeah the drop every other packet is something I have seen if you have say 2
> default routes and one is bunk..

Yes, but TCP (and UDP restransmits) will take care of that. This is very
unlikely to lead to the observed behaviour - instead it would lead to
erratic behaviour of about anything related to DNS or accessing the
router, which doesn't happen ("telnet" works fine, "traceroute" from the
router as well).

Besides, I just read on cisco-nas that this bug is CSCdt90468 :-) - thanks
to Dennis Peng @ cisco.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de