RE: pVLANs question (cross-customer connectivity problem)

From: Andrew Fort (afort@staff.webcentral.com.au)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 20:53:53 EDT

Yes, you can do private vlan edge ports on a 2924XL, i.e., an 8MB switch,
with 12.0(5)XU software or later.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35xu/scg/kico
nfig.htm#xtocid57492

this feature isn't available on the older (longer chassis) 2924 (non-XL,
4MB). the older switch just says "2900" on the front, the new one says
"2900XL" (and is notably more compact, about 120mm shorter).