Re: PPTP woes

From: kevin graham (kgraham@dotnetdotcom.org)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 00:21:28 EDT

> 14w2d: Vi1 LCP: TIMEout: State REQsent
> 14w2d: Vi1 LCP: O CONFREQ [REQsent] id 37 len 15
> 14w2d: Vi1 LCP: AuthProto MS-CHAP (0x0305C22380)
> 14w2d: Vi1 LCP: MagicNumber 0xB401B18C (0x0506B401B18C)
>
> It will loop on that for a number of times until the Win2k machine gives
> up and drops. There is never a CONFACK or even CONFNAK.

I got two responses on this from Andre Henry and Andrey Kostin who both
suggested going to an updated IOS. I took the router up to 12.2(5) (very
low loads on this, I can afford to be daring) and sure enough, things
worked great. Looks like the RADIUS server (NT4) needs to get a service
pack to handle the MPPE-Keys key properly, but atleast unencrypted PPTP
works fine now.

I haven't the patience to wade through bug navigator, but whatever it was
definately got fixed along the way (config was unchanged).

Thanks.
..kg..