Re: PPTP woes

From: kevin graham (kgraham@dotnetdotcom.org)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 00:18:10 EDT

> I am in the proccess of working through MPPE encryption issues. I am
> running Radiator as my RADIUS server, what server are you using.

I'm going against an NT4 machine w/ whatever the MS-supplied RADIUS server
is... Not my machine -- I'm defering to the IS guys as I don't want to
have to maintain a separate userbase. A quick scan through google turned
up some MS KnowledgeBase stuff suggesting a later service pack might fix
it.

The problem is obvious, as during negotiation, I get:

Vi1 MPPE: RADIUS keying material missing

..so atleast the problems are where I expect them (MSFT, not CSCO).

> Local auth works fine with encryption, however my radius server is
> having issues.

Haven't tried w/ local auth, though as I mentioned, it runs fine w/o MPPE.

..kg..