Re: [nsp] designs for site-to-site failover?

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 06:00:26 EDT

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 07:52:57AM -0700, Steve Francis wrote:
> Basically I want to know what other people are doing for site-to-site
> data center failover.
>
> We have an ASP type service, and data centers in New York and San Francisco.
>
> Currently the NYC data center doesn't provide all the services of SF.
> All our public IP addresses are within a /24 at SF.

The only really scalable Cisco way of doing this is with a Distributed
Director or, even better, a CSS11000. This will allow you to do both failover
and load balancing between the data centers.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time