Re: [nsp] C4000/4500/4700 IPSec performance

From: Blaz Zupan (blaz@inlimbo.org)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 15:33:41 EDT

> You're probably out of luck w/ the 4000 -- CPU is equivalent to a 261x,
> which I'd been told via sales channels will do ~256kpbs of 3des. A 4500
> _should_ be able to do it, with roughly the same cpu as a 3640 which cnan
> do aroun d 512kpbs. Keep in mind that these are sales figures, not
> real-world ones, so perhaps if you're sending full-frame packets and doing
> nothing else on the box you _might_ be able to see it..

Thanks, I think above are some useful points, now I have at least a rough idea
of the performance.

> Personally, I'd say give them a 2621 w/ AIM-VPN/BP and spare yourself the
> heartache.

That was my backup plan :) But as every company, they want to save as much
money as possible and offering them a solution with what they have would sure
save some (much?) money. But I think I'll rather go on the safe side and offer
them the 26xx solution.