[nsp] experience with 6500/MSFC & BGP?

From: Steve Francis (steve@expertcity.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 10:29:10 EST

I'd like to get the benefit of others experience with 6500's and
MSFC2/SUP2.

I'm looking at putting these in my core infrastructure.
How stable is the IOS for the MSFC?
How far back does it lag in features cf the regular IOS versions of the
same train?
Is there an equivalent to the 12.0(S) train for it?

Any issues with BGP (I had one person tell me that the switch stopped
forwarding for a second while the BGP scanner ran - but I find that hard
to believe still occurs.)
ACLs?
Performance?
Any thing else?

I'll summarize private replies to the list.
Thanks