RE: [nsp] Running ssh on cisco

From: andrew fort (afort@choqolat.org)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 18:25:51 EST

Manpreet Singh wrote,

>Hi,
> can someone please tell me how to run ssh on cisco. I want to open
>an ssh connection to a cisco router (7500/36xx) and then tftp
>running-config to and from these routers.

in addition (to what others have mentioned), you may be interested to know that an SCP server exists in 12.2T releases of IOS. so if you're already in 12.2T land, you may wish to use this:

"ip scp server enable"

is the command to enter; once SSH is up and running, you'll also be able to copy files to your cisco from the unix host, something like:

ssh router-cnfg router:nvram:/startup-config

or

ssh router-partial-cnfg router:system:/running-config