[nsp] how to use MBGP table for RPF?

From: Cliff Judge (cliff@broccoli.cidera.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 12:52:53 EST

Hi,

        I have a small network with transit provided by three
upstreams. One of these upstream links bears a tunnel over which I recieve
multicast traffic.

        However, the best unicast path back to the source of a few of
these streams is a different transit link. This seems to cause a problem
which can be made to go away if I tweak my unicast routing policy into a
shape that is suboptimal for everything else (i.e. setting a high
local-pref on routes from the upstream whose link has the tunnel, so that
all outbound traffic will prefer that route).

        I believe I have a proper MBGP topology set up amongst the
relevant routers. However, RPF still uses the unicast table; a sh ip rpf
says "RPF type: unicast".

        A sh ip mbgp shows the proper routing, my question is, how do I
get RPF to use the mbgp table instead of the unicast table for its rpf's.

        The hardware involved are 7206VXRs with the NPE-300, running
12.1(7).

        Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated - thanks in
advance.

-%
|Cliff Judge Network Engineer|
|301-561-2866 Cidera, Inc |