Re: Odd T1 problem

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 11:14:42 EST

Ok...I have a tech with all new hardware at the customer (Z) side of the
T1 now. Now things are really weird.

A side:

Serial0/3 is up, line protocol is up
sh cdp neighbors indicates that I see the remote router...I know it's
name, its platform, and it's port that it uses to talk to me.

DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down (this should be up)

Z side:

The new router at the customer end says the line is up/up (looped).

I've never seen this happen, but it looks like Bell has botched the wiring
and has the circuit up and perhaps a hard loopback towards the customer
end without disconnecting the circuit...so the circuit is simultaneously
up and looped towards the customer. Now...how do I convince Bell it's
their problem?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |