Re: [nsp] etherchannel on Cat65

From: Mark Ivens (mivens@clara.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 12:43:20 EST

Thus spake dan hopkins (hop@nexthop.net):

> on the cat5k, the output of 'sh port cap' will tell you what ports
> can channel together in the 'Channel' field of the output. AFAIK,
> these are always consecutive ports on the same module - usually in
> groups of 2 or 4.
>
> I am not sure of the equivalent in the cat6k or if cross-module
> channelling is supported. I would assume that cross (multiple)
> module channeling is not supported.

Documentation says you can:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_2/confg_gd/channel.htm#xtocid30341

"All Ethernet ports on all modules, including those on a standby
supervisor engine, support EtherChannel (maximum of eight compatibly
configured ports) with no requirement that ports be contiguous or on
the same module. All ports in each EtherChannel must be the same
speed."

Etherchannel aside, I would first troubleshoot the flapping port 3/1
as I would any flapping link and look for duplex mimatches, CRC errors
etc etc.