[nsp] Content Switch GSLB caching issues ?

From: Edward S. Desouza (edward_desouza@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 04:12:37 EST

Hi,
 this question is with regards to Cisco's content
switch series ( CSS11150 etc.. ). If I understand
right, when doing GSLB, each of the Content Switches
are configured as Authoritative for the domain for
which gslb needs to be provisioned.
   Doesnt this lead to DNS caching issues , resulting
in failover time from one PoP to another PoP take
exceeding long intervals of time ? I know that by
reducing ttl in DNS, I can circumvent the problem, but
doesnt this put too much load on the content Switch ?

Rgds,
Edward

=====
Edward S. Desouza