Re: [nsp] 6500 Native or Hybrid ( was [nsp] Cat 6500... what is really possible together...)

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 13:52:47 EST

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:16:00PM -0500, jamhampton wrote:
> Could you please explain the terms native and hybrid as they relate to this senareo.

Native is running one IOS on the whole box to handle both layer 2 (switching)
and layer 3. (routing) Hybryd is seperate processes running on the switch
(CatOS) and MSFC (IOS) that handle switching and routing respectively and are
configured independantly.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time