[nsp] additioinal vty lines cat6500

From: Chris Johns (chrisjohns_cisco@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 00:01:02 EST

Hi,

I am trying to add additional vty lines (ie. more than 0-4) so more staff
can telnet into our cat6500. The problem is that the option is not there to
add additional lines;

---cut---
test01#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
test01(config)#line vty ?
  <0-4> First Line number
test01(config)#line vty 5
                       ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
---cut---

I have read that there have to be one-to-one relationship between the
protocol translation sessions and the vty lines.

I guess what I am asking is how do I increase either the number of protocol
translation session or the number of VTY lines. From what I have read if you
increase the number of VTY lines the number of protocol translation sessions
also increases? Can someone set the record straight or give me a useful
link.

Thanks
Chris