[nsp] modem management ?

From: Jim Warner (warner@cats.UCSC.EDU)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 20:11:31 EDT

One of the software options on Cisco terminal servers is
a "modem management technology license." We've been attempting
to use our sales support folks to tell us exactly what this is --
besides 100 USD per modem added onto the cost of the access server.
So far, the best we've been able to get is that this is money
you pay if you want to manage the modems.

I may have missed it, but I took a pass through the on-line
documentation for the 5300 looking for notes that said "this command
is only available with the MMTL" but I didn't find anything like that.

Can anyone that's been over this path help us with actual examples
of features we would want to have if we knew what they were that
are only available with the license?