Re: [nsp] CISCO 2509

From: Brian Wallingford (brian@meganet.net)
Date: Sat Jul 18 1998 - 23:06:33 EDT

RTS wrote:
> I have done --- write memory and write network both have come back with oks
> I have also done -- copy running-config startup-config
>
> Seems when we plug a console in and copy the startup-config to the
> running-config it will work. But I don't want to ever have to go to this
> piece of euipment unless it really blows up and smokes. If that is possible.

Bought it used, right? The config register is probably incorrect.

Connect to the console port, power-cycle the unit.
Send a 'break' within the first minute of booting; you'll see the ROM
monitor prompt '>'
Enter o/r 0x2102 at the prompt to properly set the config register.
Enter i at the prompt to reboot.

All set.

Cheers,
Brian

--

Brian Wallingford Network Operations Manager Meganet Communications, TCIx, Inc.