Re: [nsp] Trying to decide on IGP

From: Niels Bakker (niels@euro.net)
Date: Wed Jul 29 1998 - 11:15:09 EDT

Thomas,

> would you have to enable the OSPF on the NAS itself or on the router
> behind it (it there is a router behind). I know some NAS's (non cisco)
> do have a hard time with OSPF.

Of course on the NAS, since it has to tell the cisco (and thus the whole
network) that a certain IP address range can be reached via it.

If your NAS can't do OSPF, dump it and get real hardware, or
alternatively, if you're positive a certain user always uses the same
POP, add a static route on its default gateway, which'll then redistribute
it up to the core. (ISPs in Holland often have a layered network - from
Amsterdam to Harderwijk, from there to Deventer and Leeuwarden, from there
to Groningen, so instead of five reconfigurations you need only one.)

Of course, this is just one solution that works in this particular
situation...

--
Niels Bakker,                          * *      EuroNet Internet BV
Network Operations                   *     *    Herengracht 208-214