Re: [nsp] vendor comparisons, evaluation

From: Dorian R. Kim (dorian@blackrose.org)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 15:04:57 EST

On Sun, Dec 14, 1997 at 01:45:13PM -0500, Michael A. Duckett wrote:

> Are questions of Cisco versus vendor x appropriate for this list? In the
> process of selecting a vendor for ATM/Frame and would love to discuss the
> issues.
>
> Unfortunately, I deleted my email on acceptable use policy for this list.

Info message about this list says:

Welcome to the cisco-nsp mailing list. This list was created
to provide a forum for Internet Service Providers to discuss
issues specific to cisco Systems product line implementations,
both hardware and software related. While this list is not
an official support vehicle of cisco Systems, Inc., both general
and specific discussions are encouraged, and critical support
issues should be directed at the usual support channels.

---

Speaking as the occasional list mom, it seems to me that the comparison of Cisco vs. other vendors probably is appropriate as long as it doesn't degenerate into pissing contests/religious wars. I think this falls under the general discussion part.

-dorian