Re: [nsp] FIB and 11.4(?)

From: Dorian R. Kim (dorian@blackrose.org)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 10:06:44 EST

On Wed, Dec 17, 1997 at 09:54:22AM -0500, Jonathan Hartford wrote:

> While in routine whine/beg mode for distributed switching on fr subints, I
> was informed that something akin to that will be supported in cisco's
> "next generation" switching called "FIB"(sp?), somewhere abouts 11.4 or 12.0.

You are talking about what cisco marketing droids renamed into CEF (cisco
express forwarding) and DCEF (distributed express forwarding).

I have no idea what mainline release this will go into since trying to wade
through cisco's code release trains is like falling into a pit full of
amorous snakes, but the code works.

Beat up your local cisco sales drone for more info.

-dorian