Re: [nsp] cisco usage stats

From: David Carmean (dlc@avtel.net)
Date: Sat Jan 31 1998 - 05:27:56 EST

On Tue, Jan 27, 1998 at 11:36:55PM -0800, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> vulture is currently stale since it was the result of a consulting activity
> and that activity trailed off about a year ago. we'd be happy to work on
> it some more if somebody wants enhancements made under contract.

Hate to say this, but I found it to be nearly an order of
magnitude slower than MRTG on the same box, and a might
difficult to configure. Might be another story altogether
if bulk SNMP requests were to be implemented.

What ever happened with those Cisco config CM tools that were
also rumored to be happening about that time?

--
David Carmean                                           <dlc@avtel.net>
Avtel Communications, Santa Barbara, CA			+1-805-730-7740

"Karma Police, arrest this man!" --Radiohead