Re: [nsp] Router Reset problem

From: Basil V. Dolmatov (dol@east.ru)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 03:20:35 EST

> From: Everett Dowd <edowd@interserv.com>
> To: cisco-nsp@iagnet.net <cisco-nsp@iagnet.net>
> Date: Wednesday, March 25, 1998 9:55 PM
> Subject: Re: [nsp] Router Reset problem
>

> >Hi,
>
> If I do a conf net the router crashes immediately. If I do a wr net I
> cannot keep revision control on the config files. And, as far as I know,
> the copy tftp sta and copy tftp run are just the new (11.2 and above)
> replacements for conf net.
Yes... It crashes... I captured memory dump, as asked by Cisco guys, and
have sent it to them. Seems there is some thinking process somethere in
depth of Cisco... ;)
This bug I see on my 2511 after shifting to 11.2.8 and higher...

A couple of hints:

it does not crash if load config partially, for example, I load
access-lists from separate file and router never crashes on
this operation. As for other things, I should now manually edit
config and do "copy ru st" "copy ru tftp" for saving it.
Luckily, there are few reconfigurations of interfaces et al.,
most changes are coming to access-lists.

No... "copy ru tftp" is in 11.1 also.. I cannot say anything about older
versions.

> >You are copying over yourself with what you are doing... Can you send
> >the last command "copy start run" all by itself without crashing? Are
> >you redefining the PVC's each time?
> >

> Yes, I know, but I can't seem to do it any other way. I use abbreviated
> access-list files which append just fine to the running config, but when I
> do the whole shebang, it crashes.
Yes... It crashes... Downgrade to 11.2.4, if possible. ;)

> Cisco's response, by the way, was the stac-trace was "inconclusive"
>
> Mike

Basil (Vasily) Dolmatov dol@east.ru +7-095-956-4951
East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. (http://www.east.ru)

Nick handles ;) : BVD12, DOL1-RIPE, VVD2-RIPN