class C with multihomeing

From: Suwat Panitkullawat (noom@mtec.or.th)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 07:58:06 EST

Dear Sir,

May I ask a question? It seems that almost ISP want to announce their
address space with the shortest prefix to reduce routing entry in the
Internet.

By the way, for load balancing and backup purpose, many customers
also want to have multihoming with 2 ISPs, including those in my
country. Since a class C come from provider A was announce through
provider A with shorter prefix, this also apply to another class C come
from provider B. So if a link to provider A was down, only class C from
provider B can be used.

The only solution is that we have to announce /24 prefix route of both
class C to both link. I know this will break CIDR concept but is there
any solutions for this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Suwat P.