[nsp] ISDN stac compression question

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@optimum.com)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 22:16:52 EDT

We have a couple of Cisco routers at a central site (4000 series) and
several Cisco routers which dial in over ISDN (mostly 1004s and 1600s).
I've specified "compression stac" on interfaces on both ends. The result is
that sometimes the compression statistic seem to update, sometimes they're
all zeros, but the net effect on transfer speed seems to be about nothing.
Files seem to take as long to transfer (testing uncompressed data) with
compression off as when its on (if it truly is on, which I'm not sure if it
actually is) In fact, on the 1004 that I used to test with, performance
seemed to be a bit flaky with compression on. Am I missing a configuration
step?

Thanks,

Steve Pfister
Optimum Group