Re: [nsp] Is a FEIP2 capable of wire speed under any circumstances?

From: Mike Leber (mleber@he.net)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 16:10:08 EDT

Just for the sake of closure, several knowledgeble people have explained
to me why this happens.

The FEIP2 I was referring to is a FEIP2TX. The FEIP2TX is based on what
is effectively a VIP1. It simply doesn't have enough horsepower. It is
only good to about 120 Mbps aggregate in plus out.

The VIP2 is capable of 320 Mbps aggregate in plus out and is the solution
to my problem. (Provided I don't try to go 100 Mbps full speed in both
directions on both ports. ;)

Thank you to everybody that answered,

Mike.

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Craig A. Huegen wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 13, 1998 at 01:32:58PM -0700, Mike Leber wrote:
>
> ==>I've spent several days trying to debug this and banging my head against
> ==>the wall for what I thought should be obvious. I feel used by cisco for
> ==>sticking a 100 Mbps card in a router with a 1 Gbps backplane and not being
> ==>able to get even 65 Mbps through it. Perhaps I am just missing the
> ==>obvious...
> ==>
> ==>Suggestions???
>
> File a case?
>
> /cah

| Mike Leber Direct Internet Connections Voice 408 282 1540 |
| Hurricane Electric Web Hosting & Co-location Fax 408 971 3340 |
| mleber@he.net http://www.he.net |