Re: [nsp] OSPF area size

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:33:14 EDT

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 12:52:13PM -0400, Jay Young wrote:
> I have used OSPF in some rather small networks in the past with good
> success. I am now faced with a larger network and was wondering what the
> scaling issues are. Would there be a concern with running an OSPF
> backbone area with 25 routers and about a 1000 subnets. The max number
> of adjacencies for most of the routers would be 14 (fully meshed). The
> rest would be one or two.

As long as the links in the area are relatively stable, this isn't a problem
at all. If there are unstable links such as Satellite or Microwave links or
long-distance WAN links prone to failure, it may make be worth moving
them into a seperate area however.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time