RE: [nsp] ftp problem

From: Weaver, Daniel (DWeaver@Timebridge.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 19:45:52 EDT

20 is data
21 is control

List of port numbers...

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Bates [mailto:stuartbates@lucent.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 7:24 PM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [nsp] ftp problem

Rama,

> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
> 426 Data connection closed, transfer aborted.
>Any hints to trouble shoot this problem are welcome.

Yes, sounds like you are getting connected but then not being able to
actually transer any data.
FTP uses two ports, one for "control" and the other for data transfer, its
most likely that the firewall has opened one port and not the other.
And no at this time of night I can't remember the port numbers :-)

Rama

Stu
:)