Re: [nsp] throttle BW on one port of Catalyst 3524XL

From: Darren Ward (dward@ns.pla.net.au)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 21:56:47 EDT

Hi Dan,

You'll need to use CAR (Committed Access Rate) limiting on the interface
on the router or a device like a Packeteer.

If you just want that one IP limited then use an ACL to rate-limit an
access-list containing just that one IP address and then an 'open' access
rate for the rest of the devices on that network/subnetwork.

Darren Ward
CCIE 8245

PS I think you can do this via a Linux box as well but have never done it
myself.