[nsp] Loading Software on a Switch

From: Tim Booth (trbooth@chartermi.net)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 14:40:38 EDT

Forwarded from someone who needs help...

Model WS-C1900
  When I attempt to load the Enterprise v.9 IOS on the 1924 switch I receive
an
error that states the transfer was canceled by remote host. The switch is
model WS-C1900. I connect to the switch via a 9 pin null modem cable to the
console port while hold in the mode button. I select U to upgrade the f/w
via Xmodem. Yes, to proceed with download. I pick 9600 as the upgrade
speed(as Hyper Terminal is configed 9600, 8, none,1). Then it states the
flash erase completed. It shows dollars signs that it is ready for the
image. I send it via Hyper Terminal at 9600 and I pick the bin file and
Xmodem. After one frame is sent I receive Transfer canceled by remote host.
I have done this on other 1924s, however their model number was WS-C1924C-A
and they had a RJ45 console port instead of a 9 pin console port as the
switch I'm having problems with has. Am I using the wrong cable(I have also
tried the rollover cable with an adapter that worked on the other 1924s with
a rj45 port and a null modem cable)? Is this model not upgradable...any
ideas??

TIA,
Tim Booth