RE: [j-nsp] =?gb2312?B?SG93IHRvIHVzZSBuZXRmbG93Q29sbGVjdG9yIHRvIGNvbGxlY3QgVjggZGF0YSBmcm9tIEp1

From: Robert O'Hara (rohara@juniper.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 23:55:57 EDT

Hi Huiy,

The error message indicates different engine type is expected by

the Netflow collector. FYI, we are not supporting Netflow collector even

thoughour cflowd implementation has functioned well with previous versions

of Netflow.

Since you are using a newer version of Netflow and we don't have

Cisco's new design specification, we cannot anticipate and react to the

Netflow version every time that Cisco puts out a new release.

I think that you may want to request that Cisco modify their software

to accept different engine types. I believe they are rejecting the Juniper

records because they do not come from a Cisco router.

I would recommend that you search on the cisco web site

and find out additional information about the following fields.

20 engine_type Type of flow switching engine

21 engine_id ID number of the flow switching engine

22 aggregation Aggregation method being used

23 agg_version Version of the aggregation export

Find out what the acceptable values are.

Also, have you considered using a publically available and open

version of cflowd collector? This will likely help you avoid these

types of problems in the future.

Finally, you can request an enhancement to the Junos code

to allow you to configure the engine-type. However, this request

should be made through your local Juniper Sales Team.

Do you know who your local Juniper Systems Engineer is?

Thanks,

Bob O'Hara