Re: [nsp] Cisco router + interfaces

From: Ryan O'Connell (roconnell@demo.eu.blackberry.net)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 03:29:10 EST

HSSI isn't E3, just like X.21 isn't E1m you're right though, with a CSU/DSU you can get E3 lines into a 36x0. (Where x is 6 if you want anything close to line rate) Some telcos will also provision lines for you on HSSI, which is handy.

Others have postulated that Cisco don't produce E3 or better WICs and NMs because it might hurt 7200 sales - I'm cynical enough to believe that although I'd hope competition from Juniper M5s might make them change that policy.