RE: Foundry ServerIrons also discussed on this list?

From: Brent Van Dussen (vandusb@attens.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 17:37:04 EST

Yes, we have a few customers that have DSR configurations. It worked out
better economically to have a serveriron and a FastIron II in a DSR
configuration than having a BigServerIron setup. There haven't been any
performance problems with that type of set-up so far, just the technical
support aspect of it that takes a little getting used to.

If a customer is planning on pushing over a gig of traffic via a cluster of
load-shared servers, DSR is the way to go. A serveriron can easily handle
the incoming request redirection, but also having to switch the outbound
data would overburden it.

When some of the more complex features that are broken by DSR are required
*AND* the customer is pushing a lot of traffic, the BigServerIron would be
your best bet.

-Brent