[f-nsp] Access-list

From: Ricardo G Patara (patara@registro.br)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 08:04:35 EDT

Hello.

I have a switch 4802 basic level3 with some acls to provide a first
level of security to my servers.

Something strange is happening.

I explicitly deny some services (ports) from any host to one server and
log it,, then permit the correct ones and finally by default deny ip
any any and log.

But, if the switch receives a packet with the destination to the
server I explicitly denied some ports, the packet is denied and
logged.

The strange thing happens when the packet is denied by last line, deny
ip any any log. The packet is denied but no log appears.
Does anyone has seen this?

Thanks

--
Ricardo G Patara