RE: [j-nsp] DSCP marking for packets not leaving router

From: Ben Eater (eater@juniper.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 10:03:24 EST

I think it sounds like you want to use interface-groups. Assign the
interface to the upstream provider to an interface group:

so-0/0/0 {
    unit 0 {
        family inet {
            filter {
                group 1;
            }
            address 1.1.1.1/30;
        }
    }
}

Then, define the filter to match on the group:

policer bar {
    if-exceeding {
        bandwidth-limit 2m;
        burst-size-limit 1500;
    }
    then discard;
}
filter foo {
    term one {
        from {
            interface-group 1;
        }
        then policer bar;
    }
    term two {
        then accept;
    }
}

Apply this as an output filter on the customer interface.

-Ben