[j-nsp] Re: Re: [j-nsp] Does Juniper support CR-LDP ?

From: vpbs bak (vpbs_bak@rediffmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 20:12:56 EDT

Kireeti,

We are developing MPLS Provisioning software that does TE and L3 VPN across vendors. As a generic provisioning system I thought we should support both the signaling protocols that are standardised viz., RSVP-TE and CR-LDP.

When you say "..signaling protocols in JunOS for
MPLS are RSVP-TE and LDP" do you mean plain prefix-based LDP ? If so then for TE purposes in JunOS we should use RSVP-TE, is that correct ? As an aside, do you think users of a generic provisioning system would expect both RSVP-TE and CR-LDP to be supported ?

TIA !

Cosmo

P.S. You are right and Cisco does not support CR-LDP at this time. I verified this.