Re: Load merge terminal

From: Avram Dorfman (avram@juniper.net)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 09:42:57 EDT

Note that there's an easy way to get the fully spec'd (i.e. Paste-able)
config snip at just about any level, with just the content you want.

Edit your way all the way down to the component you want (term in this
case), and then say

    save terminal

Like this:

[edit policy-options]
ps@r9# edit policy-statement vpn1-export term apply-target

[edit policy-options policy-statement vpn1-export term apply-target]
ps@r9# save terminal
policy-options {
    policy-statement vpn1-export {
replace:
        term apply-target {
            then {
                community add vpn1-target;
                accept;
            }
        }
    }
}
Wrote 11 lines of configuration to 'terminal'

[edit policy-options policy-statement vpn1-export term apply-target]
ps@r9#

You can now copy from policy-options to the last }, and paste it into a
"load merge terminal". Note that you can also paste it into a "load replace
terminal" and because of the location of the "replace:" tag, it will
overwrite a term of the same name if it exists, rather than merge with it.

Note that this policy has multiple terms, you just don't see them with this
method, which is the whole point.

-Avram