[j-nsp] importing default route into L3VPN VRF (+ BW policing)

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 13:46:53 EDT

Hello,

Please let me know if what I am trying to do is feasible:

We have a bunch of customers on our network which need
to receive connectivity between their CE routers without
any BW restriction.

In addition to this, they want to receive connectivity
to Internet, but with specific bandwidth limitation.

I am considering following solution:
1) Create simple L3 MPLS VPN (using Junipers and ciscos as PE)
2) Import default route to such VRFs on one of Internet connected
   Junipers, and somehow restrict bandwidth forwarded from Internet
   to such VRFs.

Is this solution feasible?

Can be Internet connectivity provided just by injecting default route
to VRFs (of course I will need to leak customer prefixes to inet.0 too)?

Can I limit (and what would be the best way to do so) bandwidth
delivered to such VRFs?

Thanks for sharing your opinion about this,

Przemek