Re: show chassis cos in JunOS 5.3

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 16:39:55 EDT

Hello George,

Thank you very much for assisting me with this problem.

I am sorry if I am not using proper channel to reach you,
but I dont know how to open a case at JTAC and be assigned
to you. Also I believe that what we are discussing can be
beneficial for all community, so I am continuing to cross-post
this email to juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net

Please tell me if what I am doing is improper.

Going back to technical issues:

I did following:

1. Verified that I have no firewall filters, policers, samplers
   or anything annotated as "deprecated" in my config.

2. Deleted completely class-of-service configuration from the router.

3. Commited changes

4. Created following class-of-service configuration:

[edit class-of-service]
karwas@USMIANAPJM20X1A# show
classifiers {
    inet-precedence inet_clsf {
        forwarding-class be {
            loss-priority low code-points 000;
        }
        forwarding-class ef {
            loss-priority low code-points 101;
        }
        forwarding-class nc {
            loss-priority low code-points 111;
        }
    }
}
forwarding-classes {
    queue 0 be priority low;
    queue 1 ef priority low;
    queue 2 af priority high;
    queue 3 nc priority high;
}
interfaces {
    ge-3/0/0 {
        scheduler-map test-scheduler-map;
        unit 100 {
            classifiers {
                inet-precedence inet_clsf;
            }
        }
    }
}
scheduler-maps {
    test-scheduler-map {
        forwarding-class be scheduler be-scheduler;
        forwarding-class ef scheduler ef-scheduler;
        forwarding-class nc scheduler nc-scheduler;
    }
}
schedulers {
    be-scheduler {
        transmit-rate percent 70;
        buffer-size percent 70;
        priority low;
    }
    ef-scheduler {
        transmit-rate percent 20;
        buffer-size percent 20;
        priority high;
    }
    nc-scheduler {
        transmit-rate percent 10;
        buffer-size percent 10;
        priority high;
    }
}

[edit class-of-service]

5. Commited it.

-----

I see following problems which I think needs to be resolved before
I will apply this to other (production) interfaces:

1. I have confirmed that I have cosd running:
   karwas@USMIANAPJM20X1A# run show system processes | grep cosd
   608 ?? I 0:01.32 /usr/sbin/cosd

2. I still can run old "show chassis cos":
(...snip...)
    FPC 3:
        precedence-map 'Default':
              bits 000 output-queue 0;
              bits 001 output-queue 0;
              bits 010 output-queue 0;
              bits 011 output-queue 0;
              bits 100 output-queue 0;
              bits 101 output-queue 0;
              bits 110 output-queue 0;
              bits 111 output-queue 0;
        drop-profile 'Default':
            msp-profile:
            plp-set-queue-profile:
            plp-clear-queue-profile:

which is not showing that any new forwarding classes (queues) are
active.....

3. I will need to apply this to ATM OC12 interface with multiple
   units (point-to-point only), but with different ATM QoS configured
   (different CBR bandwith on different units....)

How different schedulers are interacting with multiple
unit on ATM interaface?

Can I somehow use different scheduler-maps assigned to different
ATM PVCs?

What is the actual relation between queues maintained for every
ATM PVC (does they exist at all?) and FPC queues used by CoS framework?

Thank you very, very much.
I would appreciate any help with understanding those issues,
if you have no time, just point me to specific place in documentation.

Thanks again,

Przemek