Re: [j-nsp] XML & JUNOS

From: Phil Shafer (phil@juniper.net)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 22:52:05 EDT

hayter writes:
>i've been wondering the same. google searches on JunoScript turn up
>pretty much nothing of interest.

While there are folks working with Junoscript, most of the
work isn't public or publicly available. The perl and java
drivers and sample code is all that's out there.

>i had a couple of problems with
>Juniper's example code (get_config load_configuration) and trying
>to use RSA authentication.

What problems did you have? Perl install problems? SSL problems?
What was the workaround?

As always, please report any problems, issues, or questions to
nm-support@juniper.net and we'll nail 'em as fast as we can.

>is there a JunoScript web site out there anywhere?? should i start one
>or is it just Mourad and i?

Nothing that I know about. We'd be happy to see one get started, and
are always looking for feedback and requirements for the api.

>> I'm interested by client/server (juniper router) scripts wich allow me to
>> get a real time output of a TRACEROUTE command.

Traceroute isn't currently supported thru the api, but the work is
underway. Ping isn't currently supported either and is on the list
of commands to convert over. Currently, MGD (the management daemon
and junoscipt server) just tells the CLI to issue these command
directly.

Thanks,
 Phil