[j-nsp] AW: MPLS redundancy - fast reroute or secondary path

From: Strahler, Carsten (Carsten.Strahler@lambdanet.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 03:28:27 EDT

Hi Dave,

thanks for your response. You said, that secondary path + fast reroute is
the fastest option.
But why should I establish a secondary path when I use fast reroute?
As I understand fast reroute each LSR on the path computes his own detour.
When I configure a secondary LSP and the primary fails, the secondary
becomes active. And if the seconadary fails too fast reroute will be used.
Am I wrong ?

Carsten