Re: M20 DC Power Supply Fail

From: Majdi S. Abbas (msa@samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 09:31:35 EDT

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:15:57AM -0400, Daniel Puka wrote:
> We have 3 M20's with redundant DC power supply's.
>
> One month ago we started to have major power supply fan alarm's in B
> power supply. The failed power supply was replaced at both routers and after
> a week the A power supply started to show the same alarm in both routers.

        The fan hasn't failed, it's a monitoring issue. Unfortunately,
the fix is a new power supply. We've swapped a large number of these
of late.

        Incidentally, make sure you swap them inside a maintenance window
because sometimes when you're doing it the power supply will freak, throw
a high temperature alarm, and the router will shut itself off as a result.

        --msa