Re: M20 DC Power Supply Fail

From: Dave Aaldering (d.aaldering@isp-services.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 07:31:02 EDT

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:15:57AM -0400, Daniel Puka wrote:

> We have 3 M20's with redundant DC power supply's.
>
> One month ago we started to have major power supply fan alarm's in B
> power supply. The failed power supply was replaced at both routers and after
> a week the A power supply started to show the same alarm in both routers.
>
> The equipment is installed in a controlled enviroment with stable
> power(DC) and air conditioner.
>
> Anybody else had some similar problem with Juniper Power Supply?

Hi all,

We will be taking our 2 m20's in production within one month from now. Although they have AC power supplies, is there any way to determine if the PSU's belong to the "broken series". Can juniper supply us with ranges of serial numbers belonging to the "unsure" PSU's ?

Should this go to jtac?

What do you guys think?

Regards,

Dave Aaldering