RE: Need help with MPLS configuration example

From: Greg Ketell (gketell@juniper.net)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 11:01:00 EDT

OK so here is the memory-refreshed deal:

If your *IP* packets are classified on input on the LER (or via a previous
IP hop router) and you have a forwarding path that is MPLS AND you don't
specifically set the the LSP's EXP bits, then the IP packet's precedence
bits will be copied to the MPLS EXP bits.

Then on transit LSR you set mpls-cos-map so that you select the right Queue
based on the EXP bits.

Now you should be golden.

GK