RE: Need help with MPLS configuration example

From: Gary Tate (gtate@juniper.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 14:31:42 EDT

Hi Bala,

In this example the LSP does not have an explicit class-of-service defined
under the LSP configuration.

Therefore, the IP TOS bits are written into the MPLS EXP bits when exiting
the LER router via the relevant output Q.

On subsequent hops the LSRs which have input mpls-cos-map enabled will map
each of the mpls packets into the correct output Q's depending on the EXP
bits.

The scenario you describe would only happen if the LSP had an explicit
class-of-service configured.

hope this helps

Gary