[j-nsp] BGP MIB question

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 10:26:42 EDT

Hello all,

I am using SNMP to monitor operational parameters of BGP.
It is relatively easy to gather status of all your peers
(they are in bgpPeerTable).

But I don't know how to effectively retrieve something like
"show route receive-protocol bgp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

All information in bgp4PathAttrTable is indexed by concatenation
of following values:

bgp4PathAttrIpAddrPrefix . bgp4PathAttrIpAddrPrefixLen . bgp4PathAttrPeer

so to my understanding of SNMP, it is impossible to get
only prefixes received form a specific BGP neighbor.

Is there another table with index composed in reverse
order -- something like:

bgp4PathAttrPeer . bgp4PathAttrIpAddrPrefix . bgp4PathAttrIpAddrPrefixLen

Please share your experience how to (if possible)
implement something like
"show route receive-protocol bgp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
using SNMP.

Thanks

Przemek