RE: LSP config: CSPF and named path

From: Gary Tate (gtate@juniper.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 09:27:42 EDT

Hi Bala,

no-cspf, Signalling of Path hop-by-hop
If you have no-cspf then the LSP is built hop-by-hop by RSVP, following the
restrictions in the explicit path if you have configured one and using the
IGP routing table to resolve next hops along the path.

cspf, Calculation of path at Ingress LER:
If you have CSPF enabled then the path is calculated on the Ingress LER
before RSVP signals the path. If an Explicit Path is configured, it is taken
into account when CSPF carries out its calculation of the LSP path. (if your
explicit path is the a full strict path then the CSPF won't be calculating
much).

Hops this clarifies it for you

The is a diagram an step by step calculation process in MPLS applications
JunOS 4.4 page 23 of the PDF format Title: How CSPF Selects a Path, which
should help.

Gary