RE: LSP Scheduling Treatment

From: Jack Maxfield (jmaxfield@juniper.net)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 09:11:40 EDT

Andrew,

On transit LSR's, the default behaviour is to place all MPLS packets in
output queue 0. To override this, use the "mpls-cos-map" statement.
Here's a snip from the documentation (JUNOS 5.0 Interfaces,
Class-of-Service, and Firewalls):

Classify and Map Incoming MPLS Packets

By default, all MPLS packets are placed into output transmission queue 0
(see item 3 in Figure 19). To map MPLS packets to multiple output
transmission queues based on the CoS field in the MPLS header, you
configure the software to use the MPLS CoS mapping by including the
mpls-cos-map statement at the [edit class-of-service input interfaces
interface-name] hierarchy level:

 [edit class-of-service input]
 interfaces {
     interface-name {
         mpls-cos-map;
     }
 }

Keep in mind that the mapping of EXP bits to queues is static (unlike
the IP precedence to queue mapping features). That is, EXP setting of
000 maps to queue 0, 100 maps to queue 2, etc...

Regards, Jack