RE: M5 throughput question

From: Dave Humphrey (dave.humphrey@telindusk.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 05:54:17 EDT

Dmitri,

From memory you can have 4090 VC'c per interface. You would
get wire speed at the FPC backplane access speed on an M5 is 3.2gbps
full duplex or 6.4gbps in cisco speak!

I've not heard about a limit on VC's per box and would guess that the
interface linit is the one to work on. Within an M5 you have 4 PIC slots
so the maximum number of C-3 ATM interfaces is 8 and OC-12 is 4.

Dave Humphrey