scheduler maps

From: paolrossi@genie.it
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:20:31 EST

I'm trying to understand this paragraph in the CoS documentation:

"When you configure more than one forwarding class to use leftover bandwidth, the high-priority forwarding class takes the bandwidth first. If the forwarding classes share equal priority, the bandwidth is taken by the order of negatively credited weighted round-robin (WRR) queues."

I have the following configuration:

class-of-service {
    forwarding-classes {
        queue 2 ORO;
        queue 1 ARGENTO;
        queue 0 BRONZO;
    }
    interfaces {
        so-1/1/0 {
            scheduler-map SO-1/1/0;
        }
    }
    scheduler-maps {
        SO-1/1/0 {
            forwarding-class ORO scheduler ORO-SCHEDULER;
            forwarding-class ARGENTO scheduler ARGENTO-SCHEDULER;
            forwarding-class BRONZO scheduler BRONZO-SCHEDULER;
        }
    }
    schedulers {
        ORO-SCHEDULER {
            transmit-rate percent 50;
            priority low;
        }
        ARGENTO-SCHEDULER {
            transmit-rate percent 30;
            priority low;
        }
        BRONZO-SCHEDULER {
            transmit-rate percent 20;
            priority low;
        }
    }
}

When no BRONZO traffic is sent, I see the BW being distributed half and half between the other two classes. Should it not be distributed relative to the 50/30 ratio?

Ciao.

P-

PR
Nuova ADSL di Genie, quasi troppo Veloce! Attivazione gratuita fino al 31/12/01: http://www.genie.it/adsl