Re: [j-nsp] Traffic Sampling in JunOS5.1

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 13:09:10 EST

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 09:46:27AM -0800, Krishna Doddapaneni wrote:
> Hi,
> I was a little confused reading the Traffic Sampling documentation.Can
> anyone familiar with JunOS clear my doubts.
> 1)When you sample Traffic does the PFE send the whole packet or the
> packet header only to CPU?

I believe it's the first jcell, that is the first 64 bytes.

> 2)And does the CPU exist on the Linecard or RE?

The routing engine.

> 3)The 7000pps limit that i saw on the mailing list ..is it per Box or
> per Linecard?

pr. box.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.