Re: Netflow export origin

From: Jeff Bartig (jeffb@doit.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 00:16:47 EST

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:08:23PM -0800, Jim Warner wrote:
> Is there a way to coerce a juniper to use a fixed configured
> address as the source of it's netflow export reports? It appears
> that the default behavior is use the address of whichever interface
> the packets are sent from. That means the source of the netflow
> stream can change if the routing changes. The loopback address
> would make a good choice. How can we tell Junos to do that?
>
> Thanks.

Jim,

The following config additions will accomplish what you are looking
for:

system {
    default-address-selection;
}

interfaces {
    lo0 {
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                address 127.0.0.1/32;
                address 123.123.123.123/32 {
                    primary;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Unfortunately, the default-address-selection affects the source
address of all packets leaving the route engine. It can be kind of
confusing at first. Commands like ping, traceroute, telnet, and
ssh all use the loopback address as the source by default. Finally
in Junos 5.x there is now a "source" option on these commands to
set a specific source address.

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig                  |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
1210 W Dayton, Rm B263       |  Division of Information Technology